Saturday, September 14, 2013

All-Purpose Baking Mix

Here it is! This is the recipe I was so excited to share! Yes, baking mix! We have several recipes that we just couldn't stand to give up, but I am not too impressed with the ingredients in the boxed all-purpose mix from the store.

Needless to say, I was beyond stoked to see that one of my favorite blogs has a recipe for a DIY All-Purpose baking mix. Thank you DIY Natural!

So here is my version of the recipe. For the original organic version, please visit DIY Natural. Go make some now!

Ingredients:
  • 6 cups flour- I use 3 cups whole wheat and 3 cups all-purpose
  • 1/4 cup Aluminum-free baking powder
  • 2 Tbsp. sugar
  • 1 tsp. sea salt
  • 1 cup cold butter-Yes, butter-no margarine please (Yuck)!
Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Cut cold butter into small pieces and add to dry mixture. Cut butter into mixture using a pastry blender or fork (I use my hands and it is much easier for me) until butter is thoroughly incorporated.

Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Mixture will keep until the expiration date on the butter that you used. You may want to mark that date on your storage container.

Now how easy is that! Plus, you don't have all those nasty added ingredients!

I will post some recipes using this great baking mix in the near future. Until then, you can check out DIY Natural for a biscuit and pancake recipe. Happy cooking!

Momma Makes it Better!
~Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment